To me that sounded like a fantastic way to get more fruits and veggies in without trying too hard. After researching extensively to try to find one combining ingredients I had in my fridge I found several but none had all I was looking to combine. So the little genius I am decided to combine several recipes and kind of come up with my own. It tastes really good but I think maybe more avocado might be nice.
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. By all means tailor it to your dietary needs and/or use what you have hiding in that fridge of yours.
- ½ c almond milk, coconut milk/water, or plain yogurt (I used vanilla almond milk)
- lime juice
- ¼ avocado, pitted
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled or not
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- handful spinach or kale
- 1 apple and/or pear, cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- handful green grapes
- ½ mango, cored and chopped
- 3-4 slices pineapple, cored and chunked
- cilantro or parsley (help get heavy metals out of your body)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
How to Make:
- Place liquid, avocado, spinach in a blender. Blend on low speed until smooth.
- Add celery, pear, apple and herbs and blend at high speed.
- Add banana, pineapple, and lime juice and end with frozen fruit or ice and chia seeds (if using)
- Blend on high speed until smooth
- Transfer into tall glasses